BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Love - H.G. part two

As soon as I stepped out of the door headed to my eight hour daily prison, thunder and lightning struck simultaneously. I ran back inside searching fruitlessly for someone to give me a ride until I remembered that anyone able to take me was gone by now. It’s why I was walking this morning. I walked back outside, into the storm with my cheap umbrella. Just as soon as my feet touched pavement a furious wind blew. My umbrella flipped inside out and tore irreparably. It’s like the storm has it in for me, too.
I got soaked and jumbled walking the entire journey from home to school in the pouring rain. The wind started blowing fiercely again. My clothes got tattered, my hair went wild; I was covered in mud. Beautiful, friggin’ beautiful, I thought. I found I was late for school by the time I reached it. Fighting the wind made the walk take longer than usual.
“Late again, are you?” said the A.P who met me in student affairs. “That’s 3 days already, Miss. You know the rules. I’ll be seeing you in detention. Now get to class.”
I scuttled away with my tail between my legs.
“W-what in the…” Sputtered the often cross custodian. “I’ve been breaking my back all day to keep this place looking nice for you brats and this is how I am repaid?! Look what you’ve done to my freshly mopped floors, little girl! Get out of here, now.”
I looked down at the floor and saw the mud tracks I’d made and was instantly shamed. Everywhere I go, I’m just causing somebody a problem, I thought. I muttered my scrambled apologies and ran off to class, the janitors voice following me all the way down the hall about how I was still making tracks on his precious floors. I missed my first class by now. Every period that followed was filled with odd looks, insensitive remarks from teachers, and cruel jokes and complaints from my peers. It wasn’t enough that I was embarrassed on my own, and smelled worse than anything I could have ever imagined.

0 comments: