BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Love - H.G. part three

I shuffled throughout this torturous day until I got to my most dreaded English-Literature class. This was the class of the teacher that showed no mercy, the teacher who rode me the most. She claimed it was because I had potential and needed to reach it. That seemed like a load of garbage. Maybe she just hates me… Teacher assigned a very important assignment to us, due today, and my god-brother shredded it. We were to define true beauty. Weeks of hard work wasted. What was to become of me after this class, I didn’t know but I suspected I would cease to exist.
My untimely demise was but a staircase away. I went up, up, up to the land of doom and got as far as the corner hallway before I completely broke down. I sat there wallowing in self pity, thinking about what I could do next or if I should just ditch and run home.
“Hey, what’s wrong with you, girl?”My best friend caught up with me. We have no classes together this year, but we’re in the same hallway for some periods. I almost completely forgot. “You look kind of rough.” When he asked again, I proceeded to spill the beans.
“Wow,” He said. “Really crappy time you’re having. Come with me…” He took my hand and walked me into my classroom. My heart sped up just a bit as he walked me up to my teacher, and reached to tap her shoulder.
“Miss?” I anticipated her turning around and giving us the riot act.
She turned to see who was bugging her at the moment when she could be doing so many more important things, as usual, then paused for a minute to observe my unsightliness. My friend began to explain my situation for me, becoming late for his own class. Times of any difficulty can be easier to go through, when you’ve got a friend.
“Oh dear… Oh my… Honey, I’m very sorry. What an awful series of events. I’ll schedule an appointment with your parents to have a chat about this god-brother of yours. You,” She wheeled on my best friend. “Thank you so much for coming to me and for helping out your friend. Bless her heart, she’s so shy, she never would have said a thing. I’ll want to reward you, somehow…”
“Listen, sweetheart,” she said to me. “As for your assignment, I think I can grant you an extension just this once. Come with me to the office, we’ll find some fresh clothes that you can wear for the rest of the day, and on the way home. We can talk more, if you’d like. Things aren’t as bad as they seem…”
I began to see my teacher just a little bit clearer today….
We walked down the hall to the office, my teacher, my best friend; he still hadn’t let go of my hand yet. My teacher decided to write him a pass to stay with us for the rest of the period.
Strangeness floated about in the air that I haven’t felt in too long of a while. It radiated from both my teacher and my best friend, and flowed over me in waves. It was all that was amiable, seraphic, and wonderful. It was right, it was hope. It was love, care, and compassion.
Beauty is……

0 comments: