BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 26, 2009

The late and very great

Michael Jackson...
Yeah a little late on this post, the network I was using yesterday wasn't working so well. Michael Jackson has passed... What will you remember most about him? I will remember his influence on the community, and how he affected us in such a positive way. Even brought the races together. Had a chance to be both black and white. I wonder what his perspective was on being each one...lol which was better? I will also remember how great of an entertainer he was. He put his all into everything, just for us. He went 250% and was even working out so hard and crazily for his last tour, to be the same michael jackson - as a performer - that he used to be, even at 50 years old. I will also remember how he reached out to the people. His love for children seems to be questionable... but who knows what he did behind closed doors. Only he, those children, and God can. But I understand why he preferred them better, just as friends..as opposed to surrounding himself in adults. In an interview he said he takes to children because "They are the only ones that tell me the truth." Kids can be brutally honest. As a person and a celebrity, that seems to be what he needed the most, especially with the upbringing he had. I know I wouldn't have wanted to surround myself in a bunch of "YES MEN" that tell me everything is perfect about me just because of who I am. As my mother said...a kid would probably just go up to Michael Jackson and say "why your nose look so funny?" and that coulda been the reason he got surgeries (LOL)... I will most remember how his music crosses over through generations. Hopefully his music will still be passed down to younger generations that haven't gotten a chance to know him. Yesterday I saw little little kids playing in the store and it's like...wow...they will never experience the magic...some of us will never get a chance to meet him or even see him live in a concert...well lets enjoy what he's left us with, and pray that his family.....and his die hard fans....can get through this... lol...Try not to grieve and mourn the loss.... Try to celebrate the life he lead and remember him for all of the great things he accomplished, and all of the things he inspired others to accomplish. Many of the great artists we have today are in fact because of Michael Jackson. Remember the good and the great about him, not slander his name, when he can't even defend it.

This is how I will remember him.....




How will you remember him?

0 comments: