BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

I am resolved.

After I hit 18, I am getting a tattoo. I don't think i ever would have given that a second thought, before. I might have even been against them. That's the past, though. I'm thinking maybe this will be a sort of catharsis for me. Or maybe by then I won't need it, or will have forgotten. I don't want to forget. I want to do this. 18th birthday. That's my gift to myself. A release and a reminder. "Words have power." I guess on my back. Shoulder area. I'll be sure to find a good, clean, sterile place with an artist who knows what he/she's doing. And that's that. It'll be with me for life. Maybe I'll regret it when I get older but honestly, WGAF? I need this... I'm sitting here trying to think of a way that I could get this before I turn 18, which is almost a full year away, before I have time to change my mind. I'll just try really hard. I asked Hiram what he thinks about tats just now. As if what he might say will make a difference in my decision. Just a little curious. I know - my body is a temple. But I'm not trashing it up or ruining it. I'm going to do something meaningful to it that will help me. It's not just for decoration..or anything else. My only reason has been vaguely halfway stated...I need this. And if I ever wear a shirt with the shoulder hanging out or even a swimsuit, then maybe someone will see it and it will help them, too.

0 comments: